Aquolac Instant Plug Powder
For the rapid temporary patching and plugging of concrete segments, concrete and brick tunnel linings, sewage systems, below ground access chambers, pipes, basements, foundations and mines.
Instant Plug Powder is supplied as a ready to use blend of dry powders which requires only the site addition of clean water to produce a highly consistent, rapid setting mortar which is easy to apply in many difficult conditions. The material is based on a blend of cements, graded aggregates, special fillers and chemical additives which control the rate of set and minimise the risk of thermal cracking.
Instant Plug Powder provides an initial set time of approximately one minute.
- Emergency water-stopping capability
- Single component – only the addition of clean water is required
- Excellent bond to the substrate
- Low exotherm minimises thermal cracking
- Pre-bagged formulation to overcome variations in site batching
- Contains no chloride admixtures
The water stopping mortar shall be Instant Plug Powder, a single component cement-based blend of powders to which only the site-addition of clean water shall be permitted. It must be chloride-free and must be formulated to prevent high exotherm and minimise thermal cracking.
Areas to be patched should be cut back to a depth of 15 mm and given a good mechanical key. Feather-edges must not be allowed. Surface should be brushed clean to remove loose material, dust and laitance. Grease, slime or mould growth should be removed by steam cleaning or high-pressure water jetting. A proprietary degreasing agent should be used for removal of light oil or grease contamination.
To seal leaks, crack openings must be chased out to approximately 20 mm square. The chase should always be undercut to avoid leaving a v-section. All loose material and debris should be removed.
Instant Plug Powder should be added to clean water in the following proportions:
one part clean water: 3 parts Instant Plug Powder (measured by volume).
Mix to a stiff consistency in a suitable mixing drum or bucket, using a trowel or gloved hand. Due to the rapid set characteristics of the product, only prepare a quantity of mortar which can be placed within the prescribed set time.
Trowel apply or hand-knead the mixed mortar in place, ensuring maximum contact with the substrate before the material sets. If being used to plug running water, Instant Plug Powder should be used and held in place until the initial set is reached.
Note the minimum applied thickness of Instant Plug Powder should be 15 mm.
Instant Plug Powder has a shelf life of 6 months if kept in a dry store in the original, unopened bags or packs. If stored at high temperatures and/or high humidity conditions the shelf life will be reduced.
Health and safety
- Instant Plug Powder products contain cement powders which, when mixed or become damp, release alkalis which can be harmful to the skin. During use, avoid inhalation of dust and contact with skin and eyes.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves, eye protection and respiratory protective equipment. The use of barrier creams provide additional skin protection. In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice. If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately – do not induce vomiting.
- Instant Plug Powder is non-flammable.
For further information, refer to the Product Material Safety Data Sheet.
1 Kg Polybag